Wednesday, May 04, 2005

1 week down, 35 to 55 to go...

It's been a week yesterday since I applied for Anna's Canadian citizenship. Now the process takes 9 to 13 months. All applications are processed in Nova Scotia. Originally I thought I would wait until I went back this summer and send when I read on the Canadian Web site it would take 8 to 12 months, sigh...

CTO bytes:

Everyone needs to sign in and pass through metal detector

Receptionist very rude (seems other staff feel same way, I was encouraged by the consular to fill out a feedback form. Never seen one of those before).

Expect a long wait before seeing a consular. I arrived just before 1:30 (only available 1:30 to 4 for passport/citzenship stuff), grabbed number 19 and ended up waiting for almost an hour and a half. By myself no problem, but when holding a 5-month old it gets old fast.

Bring exact change for the fees.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home