Sunday, August 14, 2005

Books to finish before Q4 '05 = 1 book/week for 6 weeks

I love books and am always eager to buy/read new ones. However, I feel guilty getting new ones if there's still some in the pipeline.

Since Q4 2005 is rapidly approaching (about a month and a half away) that's a good cut-off for me to finish reading books I already have before I start mining my Amazon wishlist and buying new ones.

These are the books I need to finish by September 30th, if I want to buy new ones.

The Minto Pyramid Principle: Logic in Writing, Thinking and Problem Solving, by Barbara Minto

In Search of Excellence : Lessons from Americas Best Run Companies, by Thomas J Peters, Robert Waterman

Marketing Imagination, New, Expanded Edition, by Theodore Levitt

The Smartest Guys in the Room : The Amazing Rise and Scandalous Fall of Enron, by Bethany McLean, Peter Elkind

Practical Thinking: 4 Ways to Be Right, 5 Ways to Be Wrong, 5 Ways to Understand, by Edward De Bono

The Naked Investor by John Lawrence Reynolds

6 books in approx. 45 days. Roughly 1 book/week. Guess this means, less blogging/taking pictures, more reading.

(Thankfully I've already read some of all the books I've mentioned and won't be starting any of them from page 1. Not a great habit, but think about what you had to do in unversity).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, I am interested in Pyramis Principle too. What do you think about this book? I hope I can check it before buying it. After googling, I am afraid it's not unavailable in any bookshop of Taipei. It would be appreciated if you can frovide me some infomation about this book. Thanks.

My email address:havana.lee@gmail.com

Ivan

12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home