Thursday, August 18, 2005

UFC-15 Workout

Last night completed another round of the UFC-15 workout. It's a modification of a workout that a friend recommended.

I modified it because the original one was too difficult. I mean, I'm just trying to get a little more cardio exercise, not enter the Gobi March.

The modified version goes like this:

First- 15 minutes of cardio (for me on our cross-country exercise machine that had been gathering dust).

Second- 15 reps of pushups (used pushup bars that had also been gathering dust), crunches, and squats. Then 14 reps of each, and continue each cycle by counting down by 1 and then back up to 15 again (e.g., next 14 pushups, crunches, squats, then 13 pushups, crunches, squats, 12... and then back up again).

On Monday I made it down to 10 and was dying. Last night I made it down to 8 and had a little left in the tank.

Goal is to "attach" with yoga days (M, W, F) and perform more reps than the previous time.

Was considering before and after shots, but thought it might be too depressing if no noticable improvement.

The original version is something ridiculous like 45 minutes of cardio and then start at 20 reps. I nicknamed it "UFC-15" after the Ultimate Fighting Champship (recommendor used to be a professional fighter and still stays in fairly decent shape) and the 15 for well... refer above.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home