Monday, June 08, 2009

Leaving Taiwan

Yes it's true. After 10+ years heading back to North America, Silicon Valley to be specific.

Job and kids are the primary motivators.

Been reflecting on my time in Taiwan as there's less than 30 days to go (July 5th is the date on the one-way ticket).

I would have liked to hiked more in Taiwan. Snow Mountain was the first big mountain (+3000 meters) I hiked in Taiwan.

Here's the story from Gary Heath:

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/feat/archives/2001/05/24/87112

However, unedited version for the following section:

Walking through Huanshan felt like a retreat from a war front -- the peaceful rustic scene of orchards and mountainside dwellings contrasting starkly with the savage trail just battled. Back on the bus everyone looked tired, but my friends had all returned in good time and had the drinks ready.

Was originally written as the following:
Back on the bus everyone looked tired, but my friends, Dal, Joerg and Huiping, had all returned in good time. Dal had somehow procured a bottle of Canadian Club whisky in the village for us to drink -- a tonic for the troops.

Obviously I prefer the unedited version.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have been times of troubles when I felt unhappy missing knowledge about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright stupid person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in large initial investment.
Nowadays, I'm happy and lucky , I begin to get real income.
It gets down to choose a correct partner who uses your money in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, parts and divides the income with me.

You may get interested, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to answer the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home