Thursday, March 17, 2005

So long Singapore

Typing this from Singapore Airport so need to be brief. For some reason I didn't receive the wake up call, but still arrived with an hour to spare before take off.

Last night visited the Singapore Night Safari. Previously I had surveyed lots of people both locals and visitors about whether it was worth it. Most of the locals basically said it wasn't worth it while the visitors told me to go. An Australian told me in all his travels it was the best thing he had ever seen.

I'm glad I went, but not sure I would rank it among the best things I'd ever seen. The tiger and leopard are touted as the prize attractions, but for me the highlight was the bats. After passing several warning signs that basically say "If you are scared of bats you shouldn't enter!" you come to an enclosed area and can see these huge, beautiful creatures. You can get as close to them as you dare as they are just hanging upside down from trees crawling slowly around. Quite amazing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home